The Server works as a Front of House Team Member, taking orders and serving food and beverages to Guests dining in the restaurant. Servers ensure that only high quality food and beverages are served to Guests, and that they provide them with a personalized service experience.
- Provide personalized service for every Guest.
- Ensure hot food is hot and cold food is cold.
- Adhere to timing standards for products and service.
- Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
- Present menus, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverages.
- Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner.
- Must know all food, liquor, beer, and wine offered.
- Apply positive suggestive sales approaches to guide Guests on making food and beverage choices.
- Pre-bus and bus tables; maintain table cleanliness.
- Take the necessary steps to avoid waste and limit costs.
- Assist in keeping the restaurant spotlessly clean, safe, and sanitary.
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly at all times.
- Deliver food and beverages to tables as needed.
- Complete the daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
Position Qualifications & Skills:
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Must have all certifications and licenses required by local Health Department and Alcoholic Beverage Commission statutes.
- Must have clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description.
- Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
- Must be able to consolidate and coordinate needs for all tables within their station.
- Must be able to carry food and beverages.
- Must be able to work in a “Team Blue” environment.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.