The Manager works as an hourly member of the full time Bluewater management team by performing the duties as an opening, closing, or mid manager on any shift. The Manger will have the primary responsibility for overseeing FOH & BOH staff on a shift by shift basis. They will perform some administrative duties and perform a variety of tasks as well as manage a staff of up to 50 employees on a given shift.
- Ensures each Guest receives a memorable experience of great food and service.
- Maximizes productivity and efficiencies and minimizes waste by ensuring production levels, Team Member scheduling vs sales projections are consistently accurate.
- Ensures the Back of House controls and standards are adhered to at all times.
- Adheres to recipe execution for all menu items and coaches and trains Team Members to adhere to the same standards.
- Conducts thorough and accurate BOH and FOH line checks, correcting issues as they arise.
- Ensures the restaurant is Spotlessly Clean, Safe & Sanitary at all times and requires all Team Members to abide by the same standards.
- Determines staffing needs and hires Team Members who have the passion and ability to deliver an outstanding experience for our guest.
- Organizes, directs and follows up on training programs involving Management and Hourly Team Members.
- Performs Management and Hourly Team Member reviews to celebrate successes and milestones, and identify methods for performance improvement.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings with Team Members on every shift.
- Interacts with all Guests throughout each shift.
- Ensures the restaurant is set up accurately for every shift and broken down accurately after every shift.
- Accountable for ensuring accurate food, LBW, and supply orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Accountable for monitoring financial operations (comps, voids and discounts)
- Follows correct processes and procedures for cash handling, processing checkouts, safe drops, and bank deposits.
- Accountable for the training and successful roll-out of new food, beverage, and promotional initiatives.
- Drives the team to increase top line sales and create return customers
Position Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess and excellent communication skills and
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all guests and employees is a must.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior Supervisory experience, preferred.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write English.
- Must be a current Bluewater employee for a minimum of six (6) months
- Must be able to work in a “TEAM BLUE” environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.