The Host works as a member of the Front of House Team, keeping the flow of the restaurant at a steady pace by directing Guests to tables and the bar. Hosts welcome Guests as they enter the restaurant, seat them at tables, monitor the timing of table turns, and thank Guests for their visit as they leave the restaurant.
- Answer all phone calls within 2 rings using the proper answering procedures, taking accurate phone messages for the Manager when necessary.
- Open the door for every Guest and welcome them in a warm, friendly, and genuine manner.
- Give first time Guests a restaurant tour.
- Adhere to timing standards for products and service.
- Must know all food, liquor, beer and wine offered.
- Apply positive suggestive sales approaches to guide Guests on making food and beverage choices.
- Assist with keeping the restaurant spotlessly clean, safe, and sanitary.
- Ensure complete Guest satisfaction before Guests leave and inform a manager if not.
- Accurately quote wait times.
- Assist other Team Members whenever possible.
- Maintain spotlessly clean menus and promotional materials.
- Complete the daily and weekly cleaning duties.
- Assist with pre-bussing tables when needed.
- Operate POS terminals.
- Take accurate to-go orders.
Position Qualifications & Skills:
- Must have clear written, verbal, and phone communication skills.
- Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the position description.
- Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
- Must be able to work in a “Team Blue” environment.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.