The Cook works as a Back of the House Team Member, is capable of executing kitchen line functions (boil, fry, grill and expeditor). Able to prep food items while meeting presentation and timing standards, assists others in the kitchen, and maintains a clean, well-stocked and organized work area.
- Presents him/herself professionally, e.g. clean uniform, well groomed
- Maintains up to date knowledge of recipes, procedures and plating for all menu, special and promo items for which he/she is responsible
- Prepares dishes to recipe or special order
- Meets timing standards
- Coordinates orders with others, assists coworkers as needed
- Works cooperatively with front of house staff to respond to guest needs
- Ensures his/her areas of responsibility are well stocked and guest ready
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness, safety and food safety throughout the shift
- As required: stock, cleaning, opening and closing tasks; and any other duties designated by the management team.
Position Qualifications & Skills:
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience with grilling, salad and boiling foods, pans and deep frying
- Able to accurately read and communicate orders
- Well organized, shows a sense of urgency; able to track multiple orders and multi task
- Works well under pressure
- Understanding of food safe practices
- Team player, works productively with others “Team Blue”
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.